mercoledì 28 marzo 2012

Patterns

Violin 2009
I have a life made of simple things: there's never a great bustle in my studio, so I have the needed quiet to focus on the design of this or the next instrument, there's a lot to understand, more instruments I make, clearer some concepts become, I discover new problems, new different shades, other rough edges to knock off.
Every detail brought to light is a step into a deep darkness where just a faint light guides me and I am there, ready to adjust to every sloping change, every sharpness of a mostly unknown landscape, while behind me, a bright afternoon, the sky is clear and I can see my starting point even from a great distance. Beginning with doubts you'll find your certainties. I don't know where I'll go, but meanwhile I enjoy the pleasure of overcoming my limits.
I love my job.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento